Join us for worship each Sunday at 11.30am
The Church of Christ the Redeemer, known locally as Christ Church, is situated in the South Armagh village of Bessbrook.
It is a member of the Church of Ireland which is part of the world-wide Anglican Communion.
It is part of the Armagh Diocese and is in the Parish of Camlough who along with St Luke's Mullaglass, St Luke's Ballymoyer and St Luke's Belleek make up the Parochial Grouping of Camlough, Mullaglass & Ballymoyer Union.
The church was consecrated on 22 September 1868 and our Parish Rectory is situated at the mouth of the village of Bessbrook.
A new Parish Hall was built adjacent to the church and opened on 
14 October 2011.
Services are held each Sunday morning at 11.30am and are conducted by our Rector,
Rev Alan P S Synnott, assisted by
Rev Canon John R L Bowley
Mrs Jill Hunter (Diocesan Lay Reader)
Mrs Anne Synnott (Parish Reader)
Mr David Hawthorne (Parish Reader - Ballymoyer)
Mr Mervyn Briggs (Parish Reader - Mullaglass)
Services held are as follows*:
1st Sunday of the month:   Morning Prayer 2
2nd Sunday of the month: Morning Prayer 1
3rd Sunday of the month:  Holy Communion 2
Last Sunday of the month:  Family Service**

* When a month has 5 Sunday's,
   the 4th Sunday will be Morning Prayer 2.

** Family Service held January - May & September -                         November.  All other months - Morning Prayer 2

Sunday School is held for 4 - 13 year olds each Sunday in our Parish Hall from 10.30am - 11.15am.
A creche for our youngest parishioners is held each Sunday in our Parish Hall, with the exception of Family Service, from 12.00-12.30pm approximately.
Camlough Parish Hall, opened in October 2011
The Rectory for the
parish grouping of
Camlough, Mullaglass and Ballymoyer & Belleek Union,
situated at the mouth of Bessbrook village,
was built circa 1870.
For a video view of Christ Church please press the 'play' arrow in the video
Video credit: Jonathan McConnell via Youtube

​Christ Church, Bessbrook are not responsible for the content in any external website.
Press here for Parish history